God gives us His promises in His word. The Lord reassures us that He will bring our breakthrough, our promotion, our healing. But very rarely does He tell us how He will bring it all to pass. And yet, if you’re anything like me, you probably want to tell God the best way for Him to get the job done!
Recently I was reading about the life of Joshua. Time and time again, God called Joshua into battle and God caused Joshua to win the battle. However, the how changed as often as the enemy changed:
- When Joshua fought the Amalakites, God used Moses’s lifted arms to defeat the enemy.
- At Ai, God instructed them to set up an ambush.
- When Joshua led the battle against Jericho, they had to March round the city walls in silence for six days and then give a mighty shout on the seventh day.
- God rained down heavy hailstones from heaven at Beth Horon and then made the sun stand still until the war was won.
- Joshua and his army defeated the south lands of Israel with the edge of the sword.
- At Sidon, God hamstrung the enemy’s horses and burned their chariots.
- The Lord sent terror among the Amorites and they fled from Israel.
In other stories, we read about the Lord winning wars for His people in a myriad of different ways: lightning saved the day in the time of Deborah, He made water look like blood for Gideon, He used rumours, dreams and the jawbone of a donkey to name just a few.
What’s my point? I don’t know what you’re facing but I do know that God has a 1,000 ways of bringing you your breakthrough. He made a wonderful woman out of a spare rib, He separated the sea using Moses’s stick, He used birds to bring food to Elijah, and He spoke through a donkey.
What He did for them, He will do for you. There is absolutely nothing too difficult for God. I think the hard bit for you and me is just believing. The Lord doesn’t want us to worry about how He will answer our prayers. He just wants us to trust.
All too often, when we concern ourselves with how He will do it, we end up feeling anxious. The Bible is clear about what we are meant to do with cares:
Let it go
“Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)
I want to encourage you to take your eyes off your challenges and instead remind yourself of God’s faithfulness. Don’t be concerned with how He will do it, just know that God will always do what He said He will do.
Thanks for this Pastor Jo. This is apt to where I am currently which is trying figure the how God will work out things. I never heard of you until the last 3 weeks and the Lord is using you to impact my life in amazing ways. God bless you richly.
Praise God! I’m so glad this spoke to your heart
Thank you for this confirmed Word, He is a Faithful God, there is always a way through even when it looks like a dead end! Thank you for your ministry.
Amen! He makes a way where there seemed to be no way.
God bless you. Very anointed.